Wednesday, January 18, 2012

oNE HUNDRED DOLLARs [a motivational story]

One night, a man came home from work
late, tired and irritated only to find
his 5-year old son waiting for
him at the door.
After a brief welcome, a short conversation came up...

SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a
question?"
DAD: "sure, what is it?"
SON: "Daddy, how much, precisely do you
make in an hour?"
DAD: "That's none of your
business. Why do you ask such a
thing?"
SON: "I just want to know.
Please daddy, just tell me, how much
you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make
$100 an hour. Are you now okay?"
SON: "Oh! (With his head facing down).
"Daddy, may I please
borrow $50?"
The father was furious.
DAD: "If the only reason you
asked that is so you can borrow
some money to buy a silly toy or
some other nonsense, then you
march yourself straight into your
room and go to bed. Think
about why you are being so
selfish. I work hard everyday and all you can come up with is this your stupid
childish behavior of yours."

The little boy quietly went to his
room and shut the door behind him.
The man sat down and started
to get even angrier about the
little boy's questions. How dare
he ask such questions only to
get some money?
After about an hour or thereabout, the
man had calmed down, and
started to think: Maybe there
was something he really needed
to buy with that $ 50 and he
really doesn't ask for money very
often. The man went to the
door of the little boy's room and
opened the door.

DAD: "Are you asleep, son?"
SON: "No daddy, I'm awake".
DAD: "I've been thinking, maybe
I was too hard on you earlier.
It's been a long day and I took
out my aggravation on you.
Here's the $50 you asked for."
The little boy sat straight up,
smiling.
SON: "Oh, thank you daddy!"
Then, reaching under his pillow
he pulled out some crumpled up
bills. The man saw that the boy
already had money, started to
get angry again. The little boy
slowly counted out his money,
and then looked up at his father.
DAD: "Why do you want more
money if you already have
some?"
SON: "Because I didn't have
enough, but now I do.
"Daddy, I have $100 now. Can I
buy an hour of your time?
Please come home early
tomorrow. I would like to have
dinner with you."

The father was crushed. He put
his arms around his little son,
and he begged for his
forgiveness.

mESSAGE OF THE STORy
It's just a short reminder to all
of you working so hard in life.
We should not let time slip
through our fingers without
having spent some time with
those who really matter to us,
those close to our hearts.
Do remember to share that
$100 worth of your time with
someone you love?
If we die tomorrow,
the company that we are
working for
could easily replace us in a
matter of days.
But the family and friends we
leave behind
will feel the loss for the rest of
their lives.
And come to think of it,
we pour ourselves more into
work than to our family.

This story was submitted by ayz

Share the story with your friends using any of the sharing tools provided below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say, ask or add to this? Post it as comment. Get tips and learn vital tricks