Tuesday, January 17, 2012

oNE EYED MUMMy [a moral story]

Jimmy's mom had just only one eye. He
hated her so much, the hatred was with a passion!... She was such an
embarrassment. In order to earn a living, She cooked for
students and teachers, with the money she got, she
supported the family, as her husband, Jimmy's mother had died a long time ago.
One very day, during
elementary school where Jimmy's
mom came to say hello to him. He
was so embarrassed.
"How could she do this to me?" he said in annoyance. He
ignored his mother, gave her a hateful
look and ran out. The next day
at school one of his classmates
said, 'Jimmy, your mom only has
one eye!'
Jimmy felt like he should bury himself. He just wanted his
mom to disappear
. Jimmy confronted her that
day and said to her, ' If you're only
going to make me a laughing
stock, why don't you just die?'
The poor woman didn't respond... Jimmy
didn't even stop to think for a
second about what he had said,
because he was full of anger. He
was oblivious to her feelings.
All Jimmy could think of was getting out of the house, and
having nothing to do with his mom. So
he studied very hard, got a chance
to go abroad to study.
Then, he got married. Jimmy bought a
house of his own and had his own kids
. He was now happy and satisfied with his
life, his kids and the comforts from his wife.
Then one day, his mother came
to visit him. She hadn't seen him
in years and she didn't even
meet her grandchildren.
When she stood by the door, Jimmy's
children laughed at her, and immediately, Jimmy
yelled at her for coming over
uninvited and without giving any notification for coming. He screamed at her, at the top of his lungs
'How dare you come to my
house and scare my children!'
GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!'
And to this, the poor mother quietly
answered, 'Oh, I'm so sorry. I
may have gotten the wrong
address,' and she went out
of sight.
One day, a letter regarding a
school reunion came to Jimmy's
house. So he lied to my wife that he
was going on a business trip.
After the reunion, he went to the
old shack just out of curiosity.
His neighbors told him that his mother had died.
Jimmy did not even shed a single tear. They
handed him a letter that she had
wanted him to have. Here the content of the letter goes...



'My dearest son,
I think of you all the the time. I'm
sorry that I came to your house
and scared your children.
I was so glad when I heard you
were coming for the reunion.
But I may not be able to even
get out of bed to see you. I'm
sorry that I was a constant
embarrassment to you when
you were growing up.
You see........when you were very
little, you got into an accident,
and lost your eye. As a mother, I
couldn't stand watching you
having to grow up with one eye.
So I gave you mine.
I was so proud of my son who
was seeing a whole new world
for me, in my place, with that
eye.
With all my love to you,
Your mother.


mORAL OF THE STORy
Your parents will ever remain your parent no matter their look or status. Don't dis-regard them for any purpose, always appreciate their love...

Share this story with your friends using any of the sharing tools below if you like it. Remember, there is love in sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say, ask or add to this? Post it as comment. Get tips and learn vital tricks