Tuesday, August 28, 2012

eIGHT LIES MOTHER TOLD Me|a TOUCHING STORy


8 lies from Mother ------ Must
read
......... ......... ......... ......... ...............
...
EIGHT LIES OF A MOTHER
This story begins when I was
a
child: I was born poor. Often
we
hadn't enough to eat.
Whenever
we had some food, Mother
often
gave me her portion of rice.
While she was transferring
her
rice into my bowl, she would
say
"Eat this rice, son! I'm not
hungry."
This was Mother's First Lie.
As I grew, Mother gave up
her
spare time to fish in a river
near
our house; she hoped that
from
the fish she caught, she could
give me a little bit more
nutritious food for my
growth.
Once she had caught just two
fish, she would make fish
soup.
While I was eating the soup,
mother would sit beside me
and
eat the what was still left on
the
bone of the fish I had eaten,
My
heart was touched when I
saw it.
Once I gave the other fish to
her
on my chopstick but she
immediately refused it and
said,
"Eat this fish, son! I don't
really
like fish."
This was Mother's Second Lie.
Then, in order to fund my
education, Mother went to a
Match Factory to bring home
some used matchboxes,
which
she filled with fresh
matchsticks.
This helped her get some
money
to cover our needs. One
wintry
night I awoke to find Mother
filling the matchboxes by
candle light. So I
said,"Mother, go
to sleep; it's late: you can
continue working tomorrow
morning." Mother smiled and
said "Go to sleep, son! I'm not
tired."
This was Mother's Third Lie.
When I had to sit my Final
Examination, Mother
accompanied me. After dawn,
Mother waited for me for
hours
in the heat of the sun. When
the
bell rang, I ran to meet her..
Mother embraced me and
poured me a glass of tea that
she
had prepared in a thermos.
The
tea was not as strong as my
Mother's love, Seeing Mother
covered with perspiration, I
at
once gave her my glass and
asked her to drink too.
Mother
said "Drink, son! I'm not
thirsty!".
This was Mother's Fourth Lie.
After Father's death, Mother
had
to play the role of a single
parent.
She held on to her former
job;
she had to fund our needs
alone.
Our family's life was more
complicated. We suffered
from
starvation. Seeing our
family's
condition worsening, my kind
Uncle who lived near my
house
came to help us solve our
problems big and small. Our
other neighbours saw that
we
were poverty stricken so
they
often advised my mother to
marry again. But Mother
refused
to remarry saying "I don't
need
love."
This was Mother's Fifth Lie.
After I had finished my
studies
and gotten a job, it was time
for
my old Mother to retire but
she
carried on going to the
market
every morning just to sell a
few
vegetables. I kept sending
her
money but she was stead
fast
and even sent the money
back to
me. She said, "I have enough
money."
That was Mother's Sixth Lie.
I continued my part-time
studies
for my Master's Degree.
Funded
by the American Corporation
for
which I worked, I succeeded
in
my studies. With a big jump in
my salary, I decided to bring
Mother to enjoy life in
America
but Mother didn't want to
bother
her son; she said to me"I'm
not
used to high living."
That was Mother's Seventh
Lie.
In her dotage, Mother was
attacked by cancer and had
to be
hospitalized. Now living far
across the ocean, I went
home to
visit Mother who was bed
ridden
after an operation. Mother
tried
to smile but I was heart
broken
because she was so thin and
feeble but Mother said,"Don't
cry,
son! I'm not in pain."
That was Mother's Eighth Lie.
Telling me this, her eighth lie,
she
died.
YES, MOTHER WAS AN ANGEL!
M - O - T - H - E - R
"M" is for the Million things
she
gave me,
"O" means Only that she's
growing old,
"T" is for the Tears she shed
to
save me,
"H" is for her Heart of gold,
"E" is for her Eyes with love-
light
shining in them,
"R" means Right, and right
she'll
always be,
Put them all together, they
spell
"MOTHER" a word that means
the world to me.
Hit LIKE
and
write, "I LOVE YOU MOM" if
you are really proud of her

1 comment:

  1. I really Love this Story... I love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have something to say, ask or add to this? Post it as comment. Get tips and learn vital tricks