Tuesday, February 14, 2012

hELPLESS LOVe

Once upon a time all feelings
and emotions went to a coastal
island for a vacation. According
to their nature, each was having
a good time. Suddenly, a
warning of an impending storm
was announced and everyone
was advised to evacuate the
island.
The announcement caused
sudden panic. All rushed to their
boats. Even damaged boats
were quickly repaired and
commissioned for duty.
Yet, Love did not wish to flee
quickly. There was so much to
do. But as the clouds darkened,
Love realised it was time to
leave. Alas, there were no boats
to spare. Love looked around
with hope.
Just then Prosperity passed by
in a luxurious boat. Love
shouted, “Prosperity, could
you please take me in your
boat?”
“No,” replied Prosperity,
“my boat is full of precious
possessions, gold and silver.
There is no place for you.”
A little later Vanity came by in a
beautiful boat. Again Love
shouted, “Could you help me,
Vanity? I am stranded and need
a lift. Please take me with
you.”
Vanity responded haughtily,
“No, I cannot take you with
me. My boat will get soiled with
your muddy feet.”
Sorrow passed by after some
time. Again, Love asked for help.
But it was to no avail. “No, I
cannot take you with me. I am
so sad. I want to be by
myself.”
When Happiness passed by a
few minutes later, Love again
called for help. But Happiness
was so happy that it did not
look around, hardly concerned
about anyone.
Love was growing restless and
dejected. Just then somebody
called out, “Come Love, I will
take you with me.” Love did
not know who was being so
magnanimous, but jumped on
to the boat, greatly relieved that
she would reach a safe place.
On getting off the boat, Love
met Knowledge. Puzzled, Love
inquired, “Knowledge, do you
know who so generously gave
me a lift just when no one else
wished to help?”
Knowledge smiled, “Oh, that
was Time.”
“And why would Time stop to
pick me and take me to
safety?” Love wondered.
Knowledge smiled with deep
wisdom and replied, “Because
only Time knows your true
greatness and what you are
capable of. Only Love can bring
peace and great happiness in
this world.”
“The important message is
that when we are prosperous,
we overlook love. When we feel
important, we forget love. Even
in happiness and sorrow we
forget love. Only with time do
we realize the importance of
love. Why wait that long? Why
not make love a part of your life
today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say, ask or add to this? Post it as comment. Get tips and learn vital tricks