Thursday, February 16, 2012

hELP FROM THE PRISOn

An old man lived alone in
Minnesota. He wanted to spade
his potato garden, but it was
very hard work. His only son,
who would have helped him,
was in prison. The old man
wrote a letter to his son and
mentioned his situation:
Dear Son,
I am feeling pretty bad because
it looks like I won’t be able to
plant my potato garden this
year. I hate to miss doing the
garden because your mother
always loved planting time.
I’m just getting too old to be
digging up a garden plot. If you
were here, all my troubles
would be over. I know you
would dig the plot for me, if you
weren’t in prison.
Love,
Dad
Shortly, the old man received
this telegram: ‘For Heaven’s
sake, Dad, don’t dig up the
garden!! That’s where I buried
the GUNS!!’
At 4 a.m. the next morning, a
dozen FBI agents and local
police officers showed up and
dug up the entire garden
without finding any guns.
Confused, the old man wrote
another note to his son telling
him what had happened, and
asked him what to do next.
His son’s reply was: ‘Go
ahead and plant your potatoes,
Dad. It’s the best I could do
for you, from here.’
MORAL: NO MATTER WHERE YOU
ARE IN THE WORLD, IF YOU HAVE
DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING DEEP
FROM YOUR HEART, YOU CAN DO
IT. IT IS THE THOUGHT THAT
MATTERS, NOT WHERE YOU ARE
OR WHERE THE PERSON IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say, ask or add to this? Post it as comment. Get tips and learn vital tricks