Friday, December 30, 2011

tHE FOUR WIVEs [a motivational story]

Before reading:
This story should be read with full attention, It's message is personally for every individual, irrespective of status, nationality or achievements...

There was once a rich merchant who
married four wives. He loved the fourth
wife the most and adorned her
with rich, good and costly clothes and other materials, and treated her
to delicacies. He greatly took special care
of her
, gave her
the best and almost anything she demanded for.
Also, the rich merchant loved the third wife very
much. He was always very proud of her
and always wanted to show her off
to his friends. However, the rich
merchant is always in fear
that one day she might run away with
some other men.

He loved his second wife too. She
is always very considerate in everything she does,
always patient and in fact, she is the
merchant's confidence.
Whenever the merchant encountered
serious problems, he always
turned to his second wife and she
would always help him out with her wise and brilliant ideas and
tide him through every of his difficult times.
The first wife is
a very loyal woman, she has
made very great contributions in
maintaining her husband's wealth and
business. Aside all of that, she always take good and proper care
of the household. However, the
merchant did not love the first
wife in any way and although she loved
him deeply, he hardly took
any notice of her.
One fateful day, the merchant fell terribly ill and soon, he knew that he
was going to die.
He
thought of his luxurious and "fulfiled" life and
told himself, " I have four wives with me. But when I die,
I'll be all alone. How lonely I'll be!"
So, he asked the fourth wife, "I
loved you most, adorned you
with the best clothing and
showed great care towards you.
Now that I'm dying, will you
follow me so that you can keep me
company?" "No way!" replied
the fourth wife and she walked
away without another word.
The answer cut
into the merchant's heart like a sharp knife would do.
The sad merchant then called on the third wife and said,
"I have showed you so much love
all my life. Now
that I'm dying, will you follow
me and keep me from being lonely?"
"No!" replied the third wife. "Life
is so cool over here! In fact, I'm going
to remarry when you die!" The
rich merchant's heart sank deep and
turned cold.
He then asked the second wife, "I
always turned to you for help
and you've always been there for me
. Now I need your help again.
When I die, will you follow me
and keep me from being lonely?" "I'm
sorry, I can't help you out this
time!" was the reply she gave.
"At
most, I can only send
you to the grave." This answer
came like a bolt of thunder accompanied by lightening and
the merchant was down and devastated.
While the merchant was still thinking, a voice called out : "I'll
leave with you. I'll follow you wherever
you go." The
merchant looked up and it
was his first wife. She was so
skinny, as if she suffered
from malnutrition. Greatly
grieved and with a trembling voice tone, the merchant said, "I
wish I had taken
care of you while I could have !"


Actually, each of the four wives represent a part of our life

1. The fourth wife is our body. No
matter how much time and
effort we lavish in making it
look good, it'll leave us when we
die.
2. The third wife. Which represents Our
possessions, status and wealth.
When we die, they all won't go with us. In fact, others take them
.
3. The second wife represents our family and
friends. No matter how close
they had been with us when
we're alive, the furthest they
can stay by us is up to the grave.
4. The first wife is in fact our
soul, which often neglected in our
pursuit of material, wealth and
sensual pleasure.
You know what? It is actually the
only thing that follows us
wherever we go. Perhaps it's a
good idea to cultivate and
strengthen it now rather than to
wait until we're on our
deathbed to lament.

Like the story? Then use the sharing tools below to share them with your friends.

The story was submitted by aGBE AYODELe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say, ask or add to this? Post it as comment. Get tips and learn vital tricks